{THE PILL BOX } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{Friday}

 
PAWFOLIO NEWS

The PILL BOX is delighted to announce the creation, and filling, of our first outreach editorial post.

Puppy*Unity*Rebel*Rockers {P.U.R.R.} spokeswoman Anne Hilde Neset joins us here at the cliff face as Feline Urbiculture Reporter (F.U.R.), special roving correspondent at large. (Speciality: indecisive doorstepping … maybe. Oh OK, I’ll come in then.)

Milky complexioned Anne, an honorary pawgirl, works behind the wire, and is the author, possibly, of Flea In Your Ear: Electronicats In Mewsic.

This is her first dispatch:

++++++++++++

CHRISTOPHER WALKEN IS A PUSSY

CAT OWNER OF THE WEEK

Film hardman Christopher Walken has been talking about his love for cats.
“People say cats are not intelligent, but they are,” he says.
“They had some kind of animal IQ test and cats came out very low. The test said horses are smart and cats and rabbits are at the bottom of the list. I don’t think it’s right to put cats with rabbits. In fact I think they are smarter than horses.”

++++++++++++

Well, yeah.
I’d say cats are smarter. . .

Horses: exploited beasts of burden and unpaid sports/TV stars.*

Rabbits: stew.

Cats: the pampered life of a King or Queen in some 4th Century BC nation where they still think Royals have fallen directly from heaven to rule on earth and it’s just a CRIME that we menials haven’t yet worked out a way to save them from the terrible effort of actually having to move their eyelids when they want to go to sleep or wake up, or their jaws when they finally decide whether the food we have choosen & bought & cooked and specially cut or mashed up for them is actually OK, or OK-ish, I suppose it’ll do for tonight, but we will TRY and do better tomorrow, OK soppy?

[*and they don’t make very good cartoon characters]


DOGS & CATS & WABBITS & BYRDS

As fate would have it, as I was typing the above, I slipped on an old BYRDS CD I haven’t played for a while - Ballad of Easy Rider [Columbia/Legacy] - and lo, this came out of the speakers:

Dogs have it made
Layin round in the shade
Never have to worry
About ‘get there on time’

“Fido” {J. York}

A late flowering enthusiasm for me but, good gram, I adore The Byrds. They’re almost perfect, in their way. There is no towering MYTH in the way, from which (let’s be honest) even the divine GRAM suffers. With the Byrds you don’t have to double-check shadow-worry about ‘Am I enjoying this ENOUGH for who they are?’ The more I listen to them (which I do, a lot, far more on a daily basis than more revered heroes) the more of a smitten enchanted admiring fanboy I am… I really ought to write a proper appreciation of their high PUNCTUM count: way above average for most any time, but probably about par for the course for a skilled & groovy & punchy (and eye on the market, let's not pretend otherwise) late 1960s singles band.


THOSE SHOOTINGS IN IRAQ

“Well, John the Baptist after torturing a thief
Looks up at his hero the Commander-in-Chief
Saying, tell me Great Hero but please make it brief
Is there a hole - for me - to get sick in?
The commander-in-chief answers him while chasing a fly
Saying - DEATH to all those who would WHIMPER & CRY…

This is Robert Zimmerman, PBN, Falluja. . .”


JOHNNY CASH (A SLIGHT RETURN)

THE SIMPSONS, BBC2, 6.01 pm

It's the Krusty the Klown PRISON SPECIAL!

KRUSTY, to the tune of Folsom Prison Blues:

“I’m just visitin’ Springfield prison,
I get to sleep at home tonight....”



posted by Ian 5/02/2003 10:20:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer