{THE PILL BOX } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{Saturday}

 
BIG POST ERROR

AGAIN????

Oh I can't fucking believe this.

Do you know how many hours I have just lost?
Days of work, hours of corrections, etc.

Well, friends, it looks to me as though this may be the end of the line for the Pill Box, or at least the BLOGGER-based PB. I think I'm going to shop around for a new host, because this is just bollocks, and I'm not an even tempered man at the best of times and this "new improved" Blogger is just sending me round the fucking bend ... and I just don't need the hassle.

It appears that it can only handle so much text - handy bite size chunks. Why this should be so I don't know: I never had PROBLEM ONE with the old set-up: not a single problem, no matter how unwieldy the text was. Well, I don't and can't write in handy bite sized chunks - not for myself, not for people who employ me, and goddamned for sure NOT for a fucking anonymous computer set up. The question begs: how the fuck are you supposed to KNOW how much is too much? Like: this much is fine, but a few words over and you're fucked? It feels like having some martinet of a headmaster or editor peering over your shoulder.

I just don't write like that and if this is how it's going to be - fiddling around with word counts and edited versions and ten seperate posts to get something published where it only took one before then sod it, I'm off.

Of course if I have it all wrong and it's something I'm doing wrong then someone please tell me. I did wonder if it might be this clapped out old Mac as well; but then it does seem awfully odd that for nearly three months rain and shine, one liner to sprawling essay, I had, as I say, not a SINGLE hiccough with the 'old' system. And that now - and I'm not doing ANYTHING different - I can't get started with this new, overhauled, Google-led "improvement".

It looks to me as if the "improvement" is specifically designed to stop people from writing anything more than blips of passing trivia, but then maybe that's jsut me and my conspriacy minded bent playing up again.

Au revoir, for now,

I.P.


posted by Ian 6/28/2003 01:28:00 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer