{THE PILL BOX } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{Sunday}

 
25 MESSIDOR

OL' DIRTY BLOGGER ...

... OK, so he wasn't the sharpest tack in the box, maybe, and he did have this tendency to go, like blank suddenly and for no reason and for long periods, but he got us to where we wanted to be and me personally I miss 'im ...

FREE OL' DIRTY BLOGGER!
FREE OL' DIRTY BLOGGER!
FREE OL' DIRTY BLOGGER!

+ ---- +

Currently playing behind the PILL BOX counter:

OUT OF MANY, ONE
Jamaican Music (Part Two)
Various
[Trojan]

prompting the following reactions:

a) is there a better way to start a sunny (or, for that matter, grey) day than Big Youth singsonging ... the daughters like it HOT tiddley boom!
b) Ken Booth* singing "Who Gets Your Love". Whoah! What a voice! On this track, uncannily like the magnificent Leroy Sibbles. {Atho I do speak as a po' boy who has been reduced/raised to tears by "Everything I Own", a record otherworldly in its perfection.}

[*sic? I thought it was Ken Boothe?]

c) an embarrassing jumparound singalong w/ Dennis Alcapone:

Better must come! It must come it must come! I beg ya run come come, before the night is dun. For the time is young and better must come! With a shock* attack I tellya Jack! When I take a snack I lick it back! Say the night is young and better mus' come! Scrub it yea! YEA! Scrub it baby! UH HUH!

{*shack? shock? shark?

d) why has no one ever dun a cartoon BIG YOUTH character?
King of The Jamdung ... Big Youth vs The Barber! Big Youth 'Im Jus' BUS' Up Babylon! And so forth.

posted by Ian 7/13/2003 11:10:00 AM

Comments: Post a Comment
spacer