{THE PILL BOX } spacer
spacer
spacer
powered by blogger

{Wednesday}

 














Aw no: another one of the good guys dead. CHRIS PENN. Dead at forty. Found dead, alone, at home. I don't know why but this one has hit me like a truck. Maybe cos Penn was one of the few contemporary equivalents of that Harry Dean Stanton/Warren Oates quiet- unpretty- guy supporting-Joe claque I so loved. Maybe because his performance in Abel Ferrara's The Funeral has been in my all-time Top Ten since the night I saw it. Not fucking right: just not fucking right.

posted by Ian 1/25/2006 08:03:00 PM

Comments:
and no one wore a shellsuit like Chris...
 
The Funeral was one of my favorites too...he'll be greatly missed
 
But his greatest moment was surely Footloose, no?

"Let's hear it for the boy..."
 
his iconic performance as "that guy" in "that movie"...
 
Post a Comment
spacer